Learning Intention: Students will understand how to collect data using a tally and create a frequency table and bar graph using the data. They will understand how to convert fractions to decimals and percentages. They will create a pie chart using this data by converting 100% to 360 degrees.
Success Criteria: Each student will produce a poster that includes a frequency table (including fractions, decimals and percentages), bar graph and pie chart of their chosen data, collected from the Year 7 Maths Survey.
- First collect your data in tally form.
- Add each category and find the total.
- Represent each category as a fraction.
- Convert to a decimal (2/25 = 16/100)
- Convert to a percentage 16/100 = 16%
- Create a bar graph using this data
- Remember to add SALT to your graph – Scale, Axes, Labels, Title
- Turn your bar chart into a pie chart (multiply percentage by 3.6 because 100% = 360 degrees)
- Make sure you have a key to interpret your data.
- Add a beautiful title and colour to present your poster.
- Go to Create-A-Graph and use your data to check that your graphs are correct.
- Print out the computer generated graphs to add to your poster.