Over the last few weeks you have learned about the following concepts:
- numbers less than zero, called negative numbers
- prime numbers (only two factors, one and themselves)
- Composite numbers (any number with more than two factors)
- Square numbers (numbers with an odd number of factors)
- Square root (the symbol over a number that indicates you calculate the number that is multiplied by itself to get the original number)
We played the game “Multo” which helped to consolidate your knowledge of number facts and made you think about which numbers were most frequently called (common multiples and not prime numbers greater than 7).
Remember you can access Mathsmate Skill Builder sheets at their website if you need help with your Mathsmate. You should also be accessing Mathletics to complete three activities each week. I have found that the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers seem to access Mathletics from home better than Windows Explorer.